Welcome to the most exciting ride in the theme park of Drama Education!
atyp Education is bringing a new world of Drama experience to your students in 2013. Melding rigorous learning, the buzz of new technology and hands-on experiences, we create activities to thrill and delight students of all ages.
Most importantly, anyone can get involved. Throughout 2013 atyp offers unique performances and workshops at our home here at The Wharf, practical on-line resources that are free to download, and tailor-made programs for your classroom wherever you are in Australia. atyp is working to be the first place teachers turn to for inspiration and support in drama education.
There are a myriad ways we can work with you:
For Primary Students:
- Book an atyp Artist in Residence program for a term. Our skilled facilitators will run drama workshops every week in your school.
- Have one of our director/choreographers shape the stories of your students into an end of term show.
- Combine History and Drama at the Rocks in our pop-up street theatre performance, Quay to the City.
- Download teacher resources from our Education webpage
For High School Students:
- Book your senior students in to see Out of Place, a collection of outstanding seven-minute monologues written by Australia’s leading young playwrights and performed here in the shadow of the Harbour Bridge at The Wharf;
- Get your students up and moving in an OnSTAGE workshop developed in consultation with you to meet your specific teaching needs;
- Buy the published scripts so your students can choose a piece appropriate for them;
- Interrogate monologue performances in your classroom using the professionally produced short films on the Fresh Ink website; and
- download a teacher's resource package from our online resources page.
And that is just a taste of what we can do. atyp Education is managed by outstanding teachers Heather Clark and Adèle Jeffreys who are specialists in working with the professional theatre industry. Our programs are about tailoring solutions for teachers. Rather than one-size-fits-all workshops and residencies, we make sure each experience meets your specific needs.
So whether you come to us at the heart of Sydney’s Performing Arts Precinct, or we bring the industry to you, we’d love to discuss how we can work with you in 2013. Contact Heather and Adèle on 02 9270 2400 to be sent an Education brochure or to discuss a program that’s right for you.