Come to us or have atyp come to you! Our Education workshops complement and extend the work you do in class. Our tutors are the best practicing professionals who love what they do. Choose from the list of workshops we provide or call our Education Managers to create the workshop that best suits your students’ needs.
Ready-made 2013 workshops include:
HSC Stage 6 workshops
- 50+ years of Australian Theatre - As we turn 50 in 2013, join one of our two Aussie Theatre workshops: Dramatic Traditions in Australia or Contemporary Australian Theatre Practice
- Tragedy: Then and Now - Explore Greek and Contemporary tragedy in the one dramatic workshop
- Practical Approaches to Acting – Boal, Lecoq, Meyerhold or Suzuki – take your pick
- Get your GP On with our series of devising workshops – Kicking it Off, Killing the Cliché, Gutsy and Grounded
- Monologues, Dialogues and Mincing your Words - Fly in the face of all advice and write your own monologue. A fantastic “Fresh Ink” inspired writing workshop.
- Small(er) screen drama: Using ipods, smartphones and other small devices, explore screen drama from a completely new angle
- Political/protest theatre – In a world of immediacy, how do we maintain the relevance of political and protest theatre? What happens in the “gap” between a political event and a theatrical response? Brainstorm, create and perform the things that you’re most passionate about. Combine this workshop with our street theatre performances in the Rocks, Quay to the City.
- The Art of Storytelling in a Digital Age – Bring all the art forms together in one room and see how archetypal narratives get all dressed up.
- Body: Physical theatre ~ Creative Movement ~ Mime
- Building Blocks: Scripted drama ~ Realism
- Historical Perspectives: Medieval drama ~ Ancient Greek drama ~ Shakespeare ~ Melodrama
- Showtime: Commedia dell’Arte ~ Clowning/comedy ~ Mask ~ Vaudeville
- Message Theatre: Street and environmental theatre
Junior Years Stage 4 workshops
If your school only offers Drama from year 9, we'd love to come and spark a passion for Drama in your junior students.
- Elemental Drama: An introduction to the Elements of Drama in a practical space
- Fundamental Drama: Using your Voice – how does it work? How can I make it work for me?; Using your Body - Physical Theatre & Creative Movement
Our workshops fulfill the outcomes of the Creative Arts K-6 Syllabus (Drama) across each stage and can also be designed to explore other areas of study.
- Small(er) screen drama - Using ipods, smartphones and other small devices, explore screen drama from a completely new angle
- On the Spot – Improvisation
- Mixing up Media – with drama, art, music, dance & technology
- M & M – Movement & Mime
- Storytelling in a Digital Age
- Readers' Theatre
- Mastering the Mask – Commedia dell ‘Arte
- Video Drama
- Greek Theatre
Have you thought about using Drama to enhance other areas of learning? We offer workshops that engage students in practical learning about themes, issues and other KLAs including:
Download a booking form to book a workshop for your school.
We will happily tailor make a workshop for you and cater for small groups, priority schools or school clusters.
Photo: Greg Barrett