Come to us or have ATYP come to you! Our Learning workshops complement and extend the work you do in class. Our tutors are the best practicing professionals who love what they do. Choose from the list of workshops we provide or call our Learning Team to create the workshop that best suits your students’ needs. 02 9270 2400
WARM UP WITH ATYP! Watch the videos to see how our casts warm up and you have a go in your classroom!
DRAMA SKILLS WITH ATYP! CREATING SOUNDSCAPES & CREATING TABLEAU
ATYP FOUNDATION COMMISSION SCHOOL PARTNERSHIPS
Get involved in the creation of a new play!
The ATYP Foundation Commission School Partnerships provide an exclusive opportunity for you to step inside the creative development of a play. It connects your school to a playwright, a team of creative designers and a brand new play as it is being written!
Your students do a series of online workshops linked to the play, at your own pace, and attend a virtual video conference workshop with the playwright as they embark on the writing process. They get the opportunity to suggest alternatives to characters, scenes and language use. They meet the creative team that is designing, sets, lights and costumes and present their ideas here too. Students then see the play as a fully-fledged ATYP production and unpack the process with our specialist Learning Team either in our audience at The Wharf or via our live stream.
You become part of ATYP’s cannon of work for 9-13 year old’s and get credited in the publication of the play. Join our past years of partnerships::
- 2011 Desiree Din and the Red Forest by Maxine Mellor with Fort Street Public School
- 2013 Compass by Jessica Bellamy
- 2014 Luke Lloyd Alienoid by John Armstrong with Brewarrina Central School & Marrickville West Public School
- 2015 The Trolleys by Sara West with Hunter School of the Performing Arts & Edward Central School
- 2016 Fight with All your might the Zombies of Tonight by Matthew Whittet with Hunter School of the Performing Arts, Armidale High School Tocumwal Public School and Lawson Primary School
It doesn’t matter where you are in Australia you can be involved in this unique program.
“The videoconference was excellent and the students raved about how much they enjoyed it” Teacher, Hunter School of the Performing Arts Newcastle, NSW
Contact us today to be part of the ATYP FOUNDATION COMMISSION SCHOOL PARTNERSHIPS 02 9270 2400
ARTIST IN RESIDENCE
BRING ATYP TO YOUR SCHOOL FOR A TERM!
ATYP’s Artist in Residence programs allow your entire school to become part of the ATYP family. We specialise in working with you to develop a program that meets the needs of your students. One of our artists visits your school for regular workshops that build drama knowledge, embed learning and often lead to a performance.
What might the program look like?
- have an artist work with one class/year group intensively for one term
- have an artist visit for a lesson a week and work with the entire school
- put on an ATYP play specially commissioned for 9-13 year olds
- write and perform the end of year/term production with your students
- link with specific KLA's
- embed drama in classroom learning with an integrated pedagogical approach
- address specific themes such as anti-bullying, transition from primary school to high school
- Combine the program with an excursion to ATYP to see our special production written specifically for their age group
- Talk to us about having your school perform here at ATYP!
All of our Artist in Residence programs include Teacher Learning programs for the staff at your school and 2 special holiday workshop places that can be awarded to outstanding students.
See the impact an ATYP artist in residence program can have in your school in the promo above. Watch the documentary to find out the philosophy of our programs and how it can enhance the learning experiences of your students!
Become part of the ATYP family by performing one of ATYP’s specially commissioned plays for 9-13 year olds in your own classroom. Select from one of our plays. Your class will be guided through a 2 hour reading of the play and bring it to life!
Select from the following plays - click on: the link for more information:
Enjoyed the experience . . . you can book in to have ATYP help you stage the production at your school!
⇒ CONTACT OUR EDUCATION COORDINATOR ROWAN TO BOOK YOUR WORKSHOP TODAY EDUCATION@ATYP.COM.AU